Annual report 2018–19
Our annual report details our achievements each financial year.
The 2018–19 report reflects our second full year of operation. It provides a snapshot of our performance and achievements, containing information on the report of operations, our executive team, financial reports, and more.
It highlights our activities that aim to ensure the state’s water resources and environment are healthy and able to support our growing state.
This year, we continued to work to fulfil the government’s ‘one-stop-shop’ vision for the department, streamlining water and environmental approvals, improving services to the community and planning for some of the biggest challenges facing our state, such as climate change.
We also focused on building our relationships with industry and the community to discuss priorities and discover where we can work better and more efficiently.
- Implemented a ban on lightweight plastic bags from 1 July 2018
- Launched the Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Strategy 2030
- Planned for the sustainable management of the Gnangara groundwater system and the Fitzroy River catchment
- Improved the health of our south-west estuaries
- Launched our first Reconciliation action plan
- Relocated our headquarters and some 700 staff to Joondalup
We also supported the Waste Authority, Environmental Protection Authority, Keep Australia Beautiful Council and Cockburn Sound Management Council in their key roles.
At a glance
We recommend you download the files to ensure the links work properly.