Annual report 2017-18
Welcome to the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation’s Annual report 2017–18. This report reflects our first year of operation following the amalgamation of the former Department of Environmental Regulation, Office of the Environmental Protection Authority and Department of Water.
This year we embarked on a five-year strategic plan to further ensure the state’s water resources and environment are healthy and able to support our growing state. We also focused on building our relationships with industry and the community to discuss priorities and discover where we can work better and more efficiently.
- Planning for sustainable management of the Gnangara groundwater system
- Supporting METRONET
- Improving the health of our South West estuaries through the Regional Estuaries Initiative
- Applied cutting edge technologies such as infrared detectors to investigate air pollution and drones to observe the Wilson Inlet in Denmark
- Launched our one-stop shop online service and the Index of Biodiversity Survey Assessments
We also supported the Waste Authority, Environmental Protection Authority, Keep Australia Beautiful Council and Cockburn Sound Management Council in their key roles.
- Supporting key government priorities
- Securing Perth’s water future
- Streamlining water and environmental assessments
- Air quality services
- Working with the community to create a plastic bag free WA
- Protecting cultural and spiritual values to Aboriginal people
- Increase in proposals received a good sign for WA
- Partnering with government and industry to deliver better environmental outcomes
- Overview of our agency (PDF 941.77 KB)
- Performance report (PDF 2.12 MB)
- Significant issues impacting the agency (PDF 109.74 MB)
- Disclosures and legal compliance (PDF 1.32 MB)